11 March 2007

 
Selection Sunday, 12:58 p.m.

Championship Sunday is set to begin. The Southland Conference is the last one-bid league to determine it's champion. When that game's over, I'll post the recap of my picks from a month ago.

In today's championship games, here's what I'll be looking for.

The race for the final two three seeds will be settled at some point this afternoon. Ohio State is close a lock for one of the four, provided they don't lose badly to Wisconsin. In my mind, six teams have a chance at the other three. Florida, Kansas, and UCLA have the other three at the moment. North Carolina could swipe one with a Gator or Jayhawk loss. The Badgers could nudge themselves up from the two line with a win over the Buckeyes. I think Georgetown is an outsider.

I think Florida will win the SEC, North Carolina will end NC State's run through the ACC, Texas will knock off Kansas, and Ohio State will hold off Wisconsin.

Arkansas really needs to put on a good show against Florida today. If they get blown out, they may drop back out. I did some more number crunching this morning, and have made one change to my at-large pool for the final bracket. One more could come if the Razorbacks get smoked.

Let the games begin.

Comments:
No way Kansas gets a #1
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?